View Single Post
Old 2010-05-18, 15:05   Link #10106
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Haha, I was reading Episode 1 and stumbled upon an interesting quote from Battler:

Quote:
Incredible. Also incredible are my parents who stuck that name on me, and the public official that accepted it... They are all at the top of my must-kill list.
So Battler planned it all
Battler planned the murders because he was angry at the way his parents named him. After all, Rudolf does die in the first twilight along with Kyrie. XD

On a serious note, I've been doing some serious thinking about Ep. 1. I think I'd like to give it a go at trying to piece together the "Whodunnit" and the "Howdunnit."

In this theory, the main culprits are Shannon and Kanon with at least Nanjo as an accomplice.

(Before I continue, I want to emphasize that the Red Text about "what kind of body doubles are allowed" confuses me. SO feel free to tear apart the theory )

Pre-game planning:
Shannon sets us up the bomb. Really, anyone could have done it, but she's suspicious in my eyes.
First Twilight:

Nothing really special here. Anyone without an alibi could have done this. For the sake of the argument, let's deem Kanon as the murderer, with Shannon's help. Shannon MAY or MAY NOT haved faked her death; in the long run, it doesn't matter too much. Nanjo gave a false diagnosis to Shannon because he's an accomplice.

Second Twilight:

Actually, I lied. If there were no body doubles, then this is going to be tough to explain. Let's assume Shannon is not really dead:
Shannon snuck into Eva and Hideyoshi's room and killed them. She then hid in the room and nobody suspected her.

Kanon's "Death":

This is where things diverge from the "Shannon Body Double" idea.

The family members detect a smell somewhere. Kumasawa and Kanon check it out.
Kanon hears a sound in the boiler room. He leaves in a hurry for two reasons:

a.) Either he plans ahead of time to "kill himself" there, or
b.) He becomes suspicious that someone may find the bomb in the boiler room.

Probably a conjunction of these two.
Here's what happens:

Kanon goes in and "fakes his death" in the boiler room. After all, the stake that was found was not actually in his body! Nanjo investigated the body, but he lied because he's an accomplice!

EDIT: Wait, I just thought of something! Maybe, if Kumasawa was an accomplice, this could make more sense: They BOTH faked hearing the sound, and Kanon killed himself in the boiler room BECAUSE it's dark down there! Since it's dark, no one would be able to doubt Nanjo's claims!

The Stakings:

Kanon, who's not really dead, sneaks out to the parlor and anticipates that the exiles will head there. When Kumasawa, Genji, and Nanjo arrive, he kills them and tells Maria to sing to herself in the corner. He leaves a note for Natsuhi. Then he hides. As SOON as the others walk in, Kanon makes a mad dash for the door to escape!

If that is not possible, then pretend Kanon is still hiding.

Natsuhi reads the letter, then immediately runs away to the portrait. However, since the kids are distracted by Maria, Kanon can escape too!

Natsuhi's Death:

Since Natsuhi left and Kanon was able to escape, there was no problem for him to kill her!

Everyone dies:

Shannon's bomb detonates and kills all the survivors.

This level of reasoning is possible for Dabackpack. What do you think everyone?

Edit: Man, I wish I knew how to patent :P But I think we'd oughtta clean up on the Second Twilight--- I don't like the reasoning I gave for that. And crap--- forgot about the letters. Oh well, that's not too important.

Yet another edit: Sorry for all these edits, but it seems my "Shannon Body Double Trick" isn't going to work. I ask, then, where Kanon was when the second twilight occured? This complicates things a bit.

What really motivates me towards the "Kanon is the culprit" cause is this:

In short, no kind of human or dead person on the island could have killed Kanon!

So... he didn't die!

Last edited by DaBackpack; 2010-05-18 at 15:28. Reason: alkfjsal;fjsadl;fjasdl;fjsd
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote