Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-13, 18:05   Link #314
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
I am proud to announce that I have finally completed the final Terran mission

Noob that I am, this was my fourth serious replay on the stage. I mixed a combination of aggressive initial economy and equipment setup alongside extreme defensive measures with plots of 2x2 missile turrets guarding my base from those big mama Terran ships I also tucked away that bastard Raynor behind 8 of those turrets deep in base so no one gets to him.

I have to thank Vallen for reminding me of the Scanner ability from the Command Center extension -_- The two games I lost I faced many, many nukes but as they were on the periphery of my base I just spent a minute rebuilding the defences there. In the end the scanner ability was key to my final glorious win, with me rapidly clicking back to base on the minimap, and deploying the scan ability on various points on field where all those pesky ghosts and wraiths were cloaked I also moved my resources building to 70% anti-air Goliaths, and seeing 10 of them take down those enemy mamaships made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

In order to avoid last-minute swarms by the white biatches on the right, I built up 2 concentrated forces of 50-60 units each.. With 30 Goliaths, 40 infantry and 3 Siege tanks guarding my base I felt.. so.. indestructible Plus, they did make a last minute strike on my second base, but a carefully placed defensive force with one bunker, three tanks and a ton of Goliaths cleaned them out :^D

I KNOW this is all excessive description but I can't begin to tell how agitated and excited I am : B

I am happy : )
Don't worry, the terran campaign is like 3x easier than the zerg one and like 5x easier than protoss!

Edit @ psychobolt's video: holy crap. DARK TEMPLAR CARRIERS! Overall, it seems that the protoss are mixing in a LOT more dark templar-type units.

Last edited by Demongod86; 2007-06-13 at 18:21.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote