View Single Post
Old 2009-02-14, 19:09   Link #28
Falkor

@Amex_Yohko

You sure have the wrong impressions in a handful of shows right there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Pandora Hearts

A shouta boy, a tsundere girl and fujiyoshi young man. I start to have some bad feelings about this show right now. Another bad thing is XEBEC made this show, my least favorite anime studio. This also another shoujo show in this year which makes me stay away from it even further. I wish I was wrong on this one.
I'm not sure if your shoujo comment is directed towards this show, but Pandora Hearts is not shoujo, really. I do understand why people would distrust Xebec as much as they distrust Gonzo, but maybe you should take a closer look to the staff and the seiyuu cast. They are the people who are actually going to make the show, not the Studio. I'm not sure about you, but the trailer is giving me the right impression with Kajiura's music playing in the background.

Quote:
Saki

Another loli jailbat show by GONZO after Strike Witches. I have feeling that this show may an Azumanga Daioh and Hikaru no Go ripoffs, just like its premises. Teaching kids to gamble huh?
if anything, this show is going to be as far away from Strike Witches based on the general impression I'm getting from the trailer. As a manga reader, I would love to say that this show has nothing to do with gambling. Although I'm aware that mahjong is in itself a gambling game, Saki approaches the game in a different way, more akin to a sports anime/manga with lots of girls (try to imagine something like Bamboo Blade).

I do share some of your Gonzo bias, but comparing it to Strike Witches right off the bat is a bit far-fetched, don't you think? (that goes without including your loli comment, which is even more far-fetched).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote