View Single Post
Old 2012-11-10, 23:36   Link #80
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
I would be very surprised if there were still any mental health professionals at all (outside of "treatment camps", that is).
Vising any such person would make you instantly suspicious. "Oh, looks like there's someone in need of treatment."
That treatment doesn't seem to be a nice thing either, given how people go to great lenghts to avoid it (or to get scanned in the first place). Some sort of brainwashing, perhaps?
Thus, people keep all their problems to themselves, making sure to let no one know about them, in order to look as "sane" as possible.
No wonder that charlatans like "Talisman" are so extremely popular - it's the only thing people have left, where they can talk about their problems anonymously.

I think that coming into frequent contact with "not-so-sane" people is the main thing scaring people off this job. For those who still take it, there might be a high drop-out rate of people who feel that their PP is getting too clouded from the job, and then quickly quit before they turn into "latent criminals" and are degraded to Enforcers - which all seem to be ex-police, without exception, as I can't imagine them hiring actual criminals for that job.
Once humiliated by that degradation, some Enforcers (like Shinja) seem to rely excessively on that Sybil system (which isn't all that great to begin with) - probably, because they don't trust their own judgement anymore and feel it brought upon their present situation.

Yeah, you could very well be right about all of this. It certainly fits with how the guy in the first episode reacted to being assigned "therapy".