Thread: Licensed Kimi ni Todoke Second Season
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-01, 05:44   Link #456
Field of Lilies

I predicted sometime earlier in the manga thread that they'd end the series with what they showed in episode 10, so let me first say that I've never been happier to be wrong The part before the credits was a good enough ending in and of itself, but to get to see the key scenes from the date chapter was definitely a real treat! I don't think we'll get a third season (but then again, weren't we saying that about a second season too?) but this was a great way to end the series. Season 1 was a brilliant adaptation of the manga, and season 2 is no different.

While the second season spent the majority of its run on angst and misunderstandings, the character growth resulting from it was really needed to make those last 4 episodes happen. I've seen plenty of people who dropped the series because the author "reset their relationship" at the start of the season, but she really didn't. Because of the 2 individuals involved, this was the only logical course the relationship could take to move forward. One can argue it was dragged out a tad too much, but it's necessity is beyond doubt as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
WTF, Shota. Chizu takes Ryuu and lets you be with Sadako alone. What do you do? ride your bike and leave Sadako @ school. I wanted to punch his smiling face when he was riding that bike
Easy with the violence now If you look at the scene just before that, you see them walking along the path next to the river (you don't see the water itself, but I'm 99% certain that's the place: it's the route they both take to and from school afterall). In other words, he did walk her home
Field of Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote