View Single Post
Old 2004-12-10, 02:37   Link #6
ShadowX114
is my nickname

wow I'm the first one to vote for yes. Actually my answer is dependes on how mature is the guy/girl. But the reason why I voted yes is because there are some people who got influenced by games. I like to kill people, make them suffer and seeing their blood coming out of their bodies when I play games but I'm REALLY against violence in real life....weird huh. So games does not affect me...a 17 years old guy. But on the hand, my cousin, who is also 17 he is somehow infuensed by games. Firstly, after the game Splinter Cell came out, he became a huge fan of this game. Then, he started to make one of the moves that are present on the game, on us(his friends). The move is when the hero of the game come on the back of a person and hold his neck so he could not do anything. Also, because of Rainbow Six, Counter Strike, Splinter Cell, Black Hawk Down(the movie) and many other war/swat games, he is really serious about getting a member of the SWAT team. And he is discussing a lot about it with his parents cuz they dont want him to be a SWAT or even an FBI(cuz he has to be an FBI for a couple of years to become a SWAT). And before he wanted to be a SWAT member, he wanted to be a soldier going to wars but when his parents said a BIG NO, he started to think about the swat thing. So you can see how much he is serious about it. And all that is because of the games he plays. Oh and did I mention that he is a bit more violent than before? He hurt one of our friends twice while my friend was playing with him. The first time, our friend tried to wrestle with my cousin, then my cousin took a cylindrical baton that he earned from his kung fu course and he started to knock it on our friend's head to the point that he was going to put it in his eye(thats the reason why the wresling stopped cuz our friend started yelling at my cousin that he is crazy and because of that reason , they haven't talked for 2 weeks which is somehow a lot cuz they were best friends at that time). The second time, with the same friend, they were also playing, when my cousin took one of our friend's fingers and tried to crack it up. I know my cousin wanted to show him that he is able to protect himself but he went too far with the cracking.
so yes, games do affect youth who are not mature enough to compare real world with video games. But it also doesn't affect youth who can compare them(me ).

Last edited by ShadowX114; 2004-12-10 at 02:45. Reason: typo
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote