View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 18:25   Link #111
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I went that way at first, but I think simply recording your voice isn't really able to perfectly reproduce one's voice, especially considering it's all done basically instantly (you speak, and you hear your own voice, what input does that voice converter read?).

Wait, maybe it's possible. The passage readings are meant to build our own digital vocal-cords (which afaik, the thing that differentiates our voices from others) through some kind of reverse engineering of the voices. If we have our own digital vocal cords, then it's possible to somewhat accurately reproduce our speech in-game.
Recording and playing sound implies that there is sound in SAO. BUT!, everything happens in a virtual world. A world where a bunch of brains are all connected togheter and it has been established somewhere, the effectivly sever the nerve connection from the brain to several parts of the body. It has been established in ep 10 that you can feel pain, that is, you brain receives a virtual input from the virtual world.

Therefore, no need to simulate anything of the body, tongue, tone, ectera. With a brief recording, everything is digitally reproduced and transmitted. So you transfer digital data from brain to brain that simulates actual speech, voice, tone and everything else. Much easier than try to simulate physical parts of the body.

I would do it that way.
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote