View Single Post
Old 2008-04-15, 16:29   Link #312
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
It has to have 3 seats to be a good design. But 5 are preferred :P Power Rangers ftw
Screw Power Ranger, Voltos 5 and Voltron 4tw.

Quote:
That's the point. Flashiness is the point of mechas these days. If its design is somewhat normal, then it's bound to jump around like a crazy frog and flash.
She crushed mercs easily and tore them apart without the mircowave.
Insta-killing an enemy takes alot less effort, if your argueing for flashiness over effeciency, then I can't really say anything, Kallen kills her opponents fast, she doesn't show off like Suzaku does with his acrobatics.

Quote:
She could've ask for improvements, like any decent pilot would. If it works don't improve it isn't really an option when you're fighing against an empire.
It also isn't an option to improve a mech on the fly when you are outgunned and outnumbered by one of the World's largest Empires, especially when they have the rest of the Rebellion to equip.

We don't upgrade weapons like that on the fly, it takes time and research, and soldiers can't just request upgrades when their current gear works better then great.

Quote:
Lancelot is balanced enough for me. Even if you nerf its weapons it still has more options available than others.
Beam Cannon, Sword, Smash Hawks, Flight (later) , Shields(defense).

To

Radiation-Wave Claw, Arm-mounted cannon, secondary knife (defense), flight (this season), Smash Hawks.

Not really that much of a difference, Suzaku's mech just has a (single) superior ranged weapon, while Kallen's is specialized for melee, not much of a difference.

Quote:
Gurren itself isn't that bad, it's just Kallen uses it in a way that makes me want to facepalm. I don't say she couldn't beat Lancelot, but never in a straight one on one with just rushing straight on hoping to get a good hit...erm... grab.
Kallen uses it how it was designed to be used, its a charging mech, look at the design of the damn thing, it has a single extremely powerful Melee-weapon and a few support weapons common to most mechs in this series, what do you think it was designed to do? Give fire support?

Considering Suzaku's strategy is generally charge right in, dodging the enemy fire, he fights exactly the same was Kallen does, with the added benefit of having a beam cannon.