View Single Post
Old 2011-06-03, 12:16   Link #75
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As much as I agree that this episode was definitely an excellent execution in term of drama department, the ending more or less confirmed that the story was hindering itself by the recurrent plot hole/device, which is solely Menma's existence.

I couldn't help but felt underwhelmed that this solution was used after all, like weeks too late, and only when things were about to get out of hand. I can't help but wonder if the fault lies in Menma, Jinta or both. It is just incredibly difficult to consider the drama catalyst being acceptable when things were resolved this way.

"Better late than never"? Perhaps, although it doesn't really clear the fundamental plot issue the series got starting from the very first episode, leading to a forced drama within the group.

That said, we indeed had an excellent whirlpool of emotions and feelings, realistically portrayed regarding teenagers being stuck by the past, but still growing up after all.
An excellent episode, but the series itself barely make up for its inherent flaw. Now it depends how they are going to wrap everything without pulling us a disney effect.