View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 23:22   Link #111
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Solace, the story (until now) is about kids discovering the real world, as per the second part of my post it must be clear that the anime wants to tone down how uncomfortable this process is and sugar-coat the whole thing so some immature adults can buy the DVDs.

I hope that future episode directors, will refrain from prioritizing sales over the story.
I cannot believe you are actually arguing this. No wait, I can. You've done nothing but piss and moan about the differences regarding the sex depicted in each version, even before this episode. You constantly infer that it was censored because of immaturity (which frankly is insulting to people who don't mind or care that it was changed), yet it's never once occurred to you that maybe the change was done for any other reason? Heck lots of tv shows push the envelope when it comes to sex and violence, and do it because they get good sales. The fact that this anime does not, should raise questions that maybe it's not because of sales or censorship.

Serious stories can still be serious without going into graphic detail about sex and violence. Sometimes it's the tease, the hint, the implication, that gets audiences interested and understanding of what is going on.

Just because one source may have more of something, does not immediately mean that another having less of it means it is inferior. I do not need to see Saki performing on Satoru to get the gist of what is going on. If you do, oh well. Learn Japanese and read the book, or go download the manga and fap to it.

Sorry if I'm being rude or harsh, but I'm not particularly keen on coming to this subforum every day and seeing these threads derailed by people who are unhappy with the depiction of the sex and violence of the anime. You want more? Go to the other materials. Don't continue to drag it up here. I know it's hard to believe, but there is more to the story than these things. You know, the story. That thing not talked about much because people are more focused on who is boning who and how much of it is shown.