View Single Post
Old 2010-07-16, 19:47   Link #13984
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
So the term has come up, 'Rokkenjima Prime.' This world is like our world; it doesn't conform to Knox rules unless by accident. So I'm not saying the Episodes can't be real (as they exist as fiction) but that the Episode Rokkenjimas are not Rokkenjima Prime. Rokkenjima Prime is the one in the Author's world.
By "accident", yeah. Of course, if it follow Knox it is still design by Ryuukishi, but, nevermind.

Well, all things cleared up I can't say I like your theory. Too much complicated to my tastes. I don't disagree anymore, tough, as, for what I can understand, it don't contradict my own theories.

But, sorry for the words, what is the point of that theory? For what I can understand it is more like a 'guess of how it will end' then a tool to understand what happened in Rokkenjima, right?

Please, don't misunderstand me. Although I said I don't like it, I think it is a very interesting well thought theory. I wouldn't be surprised if it is what Ryuukishi is going for in the end. I just don't quite get how exactly this can used to discover the mystery. Or if it was your intention when creating the theory.

Quote:
We're not 100% sure that the message bottles contain the full text of the Episodes that we've been reading. Maybe for EP6, the scenes of Hachijou and Ange in her study are not...
That would be Hachijo's forgery right? The message bottle are just for the 2 first Episodes right? Anyway, what would be that scene then? Due the narration and Hachijo speech in the end, it can't be Reality.

Quote:
As for the ending roll; I'm not sure they are supposed to represent anything other than the way the game was played each episode. I mean the ending roll where they list who died; because it's inaccurate to what we already know. Kinzo doesn't die on any of the twilights and Battler was still running around after the first twilight in EP6.
By Ending Roll I mean the very first one. Latter they act more like a sumary of what happened in the Game Board. However, the first, in addition to that sumary, it also tell us how the first message bottle was discovered and how the children corpses were not found , except for Maria's jaw. Rereading, I also noticed that it never mention no one survived (although it mention the police thought, at first, that the chances of anyone survive was slim. But if Eva was in Kuwadoria at time, this would match) the accident and that it was just after the discovery of the message bottle that people started to believe it was a mass murder.

Going by your theory, this can be one of the only actual description of the Reality we got so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
Oh wow. I just realized Ryuukishi must have planned Erika a long time ago. When I happened to look that poem "Bern" had written as a extra TIPs, this rang a bell quite clearly in my mind. Emphasis mine.

Quote:
Many things were found from his room.
From those evidences, it is possible to deduce that I am loved by you.

Many things were found from my room.
From those evidences, it is possible to deduce that I also love you.

Nothing was found from her room.
However, I can't deny the existence of an undiscovered evidence X of unfaithfulness.
Or then this was used as the inspiration for the backstory of Erika.
Gah! I knew I have read it somewhere before. That have been bugging me for quite some time, thank-you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Okay, I feel a bit stupid now. It was my own theory, and I didn't really understand how it worked, so I was forced to go with "Erika might not have figured out Shkanon if X" and so on. It's true that we don't know how Erika's perspective really works, but it would be nice if Ryuukishi had included some hints.

And...he actually did. I noticed this when I was translating, but then I must have forgotten about it.

Look at the scene when Erika is inspecting the guest room in EP6. There's something particularly odd about it. Even though it's Erika looking at everything, she asks Dlanor each time to tell her what she discovered, and it's Dlanor who explains the situation. If you then look back on the Episode, it's always Dlanor, Gertrude, or Cornelia who confirms the status of the seals for Erika.

I think this finally explains one of the biggest problems with Erika: namely, that she can see scenes that aren't shown by the Game Master. If the Game Master is allowed to include falsehoods in the story, then it isn't really fair for the players to see entire scenes without the Game Master's approval. Furthermore, since there are multiple possible stories at any given point during the game, there needs to be some way of knowing the Game Master's intent when checking things without their knowledge. In other words, you need someone who knows at least as much as the Game Master...

Dlanor is the only character on Bern's side who seems to know everything about Beato's game. It also appears that she's kept some things hidden from Erika, since it seems clear that she sealed off the blue in EP6 so that Beato would have to make the grand entrance she did. If Shkanon is true, then I'd be willing to bet that Dlanor knows about it.

So, in order to get information available to the detective that hasn't been shown in the narrative, the player must rely on a meta-character who knows more about the story than they do. This happened in the question arcs too, when Battler asked Virgilia to describe the crime scenes in EP3. In these cases, the detective must ask to obtain specific bits of information, so unless they ask "were Shannon and Kanon both in this room", they won't get that information. So, it's possible for things that don't directly relate to the crime to get ignored.
That kinda make sense. It would explain a lot. But how can her move freely outside the narration then? Did she just ordered her piece "go and kill everybody" but never actually saw that happening?

Also, by that theory, we have to assume there is a rule forbidding the meta characters to say too much to the detective right? How much can they reveal, then? Just what Piece!Detective could know?

By 'Detective' I mean both Battler and Erika, in the respective Episodes.

(I am having some problems with the forum connexion. Hope I don't end up posting it multiple times by accident)
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote