View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 14:38   Link #79
Seihai
スマイリウム

@Kaijo-san
Well, as you recently mentioned about Kyubei, Homura also doesn't have to tell everything she knows, no?

Madoka is meddlesome and keeps invoving herself because obviously she's a very good person and she's worried about her friends after all. So it could be that Homura isn't telling her some things specifically because Madoka would have an easier time digesting the information so she could prepare her heart beforehand eventually deciding to take Kyubei's constant suggestions to become an MG. Which Homura does not want of course.

And as she might have noticed, actual experience that comes sudden and situationally can make Madoka fall back (temporarily) as seen from Mami's death.

About Kyoko vs Sayaka ep 5, that was Kyubei's suggestion which was clearly stopped by Homura's interruption. Additionally, Homuhomu's got a restrained personality so she only mentions the things she thinks are enough to do the job. Like tell Mami that the witch is different from others and stronger but nothing specific. Or that Madoka is a fool but nothing more.

About the fact that Madoka threw away Sayaka's soul... well, that's more to do with her mom's advice and not as much related to Homura's intentions. She could have told Madoka in this case that there is a 100 meter limit... but who'd know Madoka would do that? I watched the episode 3 times and I kept going WTF everytime she threw the soul gem away because I find it more natural to not let go of it. But since the situation was very pressing Madoka had no time to think of the best solution so I can understand that she did a mistake there. Which was good because we now have new info on how some stuff works.

Just like Kyubei, I think Homura only opens her mouth to tell important info when neccessary. Neccessary as in for their respective goals. Homura did talk to Kyouko and told her about how she wants to handle things. Yet she didn't respond to the things that were basically unimportant to her.

Eventually Homura seems to be the calm and conventional type so as long as she reaches her goals she won't have to change the way she is. And like I said, if she tells Madoka too much info it might backfire and she will actively start to digest the info because she knows Madoka really wants to be useful. The fact that she is still an unknowing newbie keeps her uncertain about her decision.

Last edited by Seihai; 2011-02-11 at 15:02.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote