View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 07:01   Link #62
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
>_>
So give me some examples then of western badass characters who are similar to the ones you see in animes?
The usual Western stereotype of badass characters are usually the ruff and sometimes overly muscular characters with a dark personality, not the "thin and lanky" types

The problem that i have with your thread is that your overgeneralization of anime main character in itself is shallow. Because most of this comes from your dislike of SAO and Accel World protagonists
Okay, overgeneralization is overgeneralization, but I thought that's not what I meant by "Western badass character archetype", but yes, I would agree that's the usual Western archetype.

I meant by "Western badass character archetype" he could beat every single enemy without breaking a sweat with no other explanation than "he's just that awesome."

Also, I'm getting annoyed at the perception that only dark characters can be interesting and if the character isn't dark, he's automatically dull no matter how good (morality or combat wise) he is.

That said, I think making an MC "Darker and Edgier" is a cheap way to make him interesting.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote