View Single Post
Old 2008-04-26, 19:31   Link #51
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Which does after all have General Rick Hunter marrying Admiral Lisa Hayes on screen.
In Macross, Hikaru eventually weds Misa and had a daughter. Except over here you said it yourself, 'General' Rick Hunter weds 'Admiral' Lisa Hayes. It is common sense that 'Generals' don't simply become 'Admirals', and 'Generals' do not commandeer fleets.

Quote:
Also you have thirty years for Rick to gain experience and rank in.
Right, and in midst of alien invasions, rebuilding the planet and new problems arising on a daily basis, I am sure he has all the free time in the world to be immersed in experience gaining and ranking-in. It doesn't even matter if 'Lisa' died in between, why should he even bother with fleet-works when he has his own mess to handle?

Claims regarding validity is a moot point. Robotech never had much validity in the first place, and I am sure Macek probably did not expect Robotech to become anything else other than a Saturday morning cartoon (by his own reasoning, the show had to be connected for syndication reasons, nothing more. He initially intended to simply port the original). Any source materials you mentioned here (including novels) were published as a result of Robotech's unexpected popularity and came after the franchise had ended its original run. No doubt those were a shabby attempt to connect the three shows that should not have been forcefully connected in the first place!

Once again, if it does not mean to sense, it does not make sense!

Quote:
he Idea that Macross and Robotech are in different timeline shouldn't be a problem for a Macross fan
I would have a lot less problems if Robotech was a stand-alone original work by HG, except it wasn't, and I would have no problems if HG wasn't holding onto something that is simply not theirs to begin with.

- Tak (It would appear, I've somehow recovered my user name...)

Last edited by Tak; 2008-04-26 at 20:01.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote