View Single Post
Old 2010-09-02, 17:22   Link #835
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I'm coming out of my cave in order to say that this game is awesome.

Interestingly, either I'm much better at this than the first one or something, but I consistently get B's in the "Boss" missions and A's everywhere else. Some of the Boss missions get really difficult, which is nice.

Huge difference: You can't save anytime during a mission anymore. No more lining up perfect shots. But I like that better.

I like the dub. There's no really annoying voice, though I was afraid of Cosette's from the demo, but none of her lines have been even close to that brash. Of minor annoyance (as most of the time it's amusing) are the sounds they make when they're not reading lines, particularly when what they say aloud has little to do with what they say on the screen... but that's less to do with the VAs and more to do with poor planning.

The orders are less useful, (Defense Boost is now 4 CP. Yeah, you heard me) I think so that the Musical Buffs are more useful (taking 1 CP to boost something). Gotta figure out more about the Buffs before I can talk more about how it can help.

I'll come back and dump more info as I go further, but I can already tell you it was worth every penny I spent on it.