Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 23:26   Link #594
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Discouraging offline play does not mean the same as discouraging single player, you are reading too much into what they have said.

To connect online to Battle.net you need to make an account and then add your keys to the account made. I didn't think old battle.net forums were even still around.

In SC2, once online you can access single player or multiplayer. It uses the new battle.net which is what D3 will have to use as well so it's pretty likely that it will be the same system. Do you hate the way SC2 works?
I don't mind that SC2 is Multiplayer focused. I know that's the only reason Broodwar lasted this many years. Thus I paid for my SC2, played my Singleplayer missions, and leave it at that.

But Diablo is a Singleplayer game. And it always had been. The online multiplayer had always been a separate side of it all, and the two sides rarely mix. The problem is that Blizzard is saying I am NOT a customer they really wanted, and is only grudgingly giving me an offline mode. And they blatantly said they will make me not want to play offline, which can only mean intentionally withholding gameplay elements. (They aren't even saying "we will make online so good you wouldn't want to play offline", they said "we will discourage you from playing offline")

I will have to find out what that "discouragement" is going to be.