View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 01:47   Link #6777
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Using a "has an X-X record as a starter" argument is one of the worst angles you can take when defending your point on a quarterback whether they were good or bad. It's a team sport. I don't know why this isn't so obvious to people.
I feel like this is because the quarterback basically gets all the credit in the NFL if the team is winning games, even if his numbers are below average (as we seen with Tebow). Granted the opposite is also true, even if you put up top 10 passing yards, td's, and turnovers, if you lose you are still called a terrible quarterback (as we have seen with Romo). The only position you even see the "has an X-X record as a starter" is at quarterback, I have never seen this statement used on another position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Wow thread gotten quiet. Since the draft is over as well the signing of rookie free agents, what is everyone's opinion of the power ranking of the teams after the draft? Also, how does everyone feel about your team as well specifically?
Yeah, I am surprised there wasn't more discussion about the draft on here, I feel like because this draft had a lot more defensive talent then offensive talent people probably just weren't that interested. Anyhow I will state the obvious and say the Bills made the worst move of the draft, they could have got E.J. in the 2nd or 3rd round anyway if they had wanted him so taking him in the first round made no sense to me.

I feel like the only team that really moved up a little bit due to the draft was the Vikings with all the 1st round players they got, those players could have big immediate effects for the team. The 49ers had a great draft as well but they were already ranked so high that the good draft doesn't really move them up in my opinion. Besides those two teams, all the other teams drafts just seemed about average to me.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote