View Single Post
Old 2009-04-29, 11:29   Link #46
Solecs

I'm hoping they start bringing in the squad members in the next episode or two. Though from looking at the next ep preview that doesn't seem like it'll be there. Then again, they seem to be introducing 4-5 characters per episode so maybe they'll start with side characters now, since I can't think of any other major players who haven't shown up yet.

I still liked the episode as a whole though, they built up the Welkin-Alicia-Faldio relationship and showed off either side's jerkface generals (Gregor and Damon). I also like to think that they built up Welkin. It seemed like Welkin was aware of how terrible a general Damon is and was ok with not working under his command (i.e. he knew that Damon was going to get screwed.). But then that's just speculation on my part :-/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Edit: The strangest thing I felt was how they randomly had a relatively low ranking officer told to go greet a General/have his squad assigned to the General's company. Shouldn't it have been Captain Varrot and the entire regiment rather than just a fragment of one? O.o
From what I recall, Captain Varrot is the captain of the entire militia which is broken up into squads. The seperate squads are assigned to tasks, and in this case Squad 7 was assigned to support Damon. What I got from the episode was that Damon personally requested Welkin and Alicia to meet him as the leaders of Squad 7. I was under the impression he just wanted to see what they looked like and to tell them off after what they did in Vasel mission.