View Single Post
Old 2010-07-22, 22:42   Link #965
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Ultimately, the main character fails. But this is a romance anime, so that is to be expected. Since the girl is going to change every four episodes, and I assume he's always going to get the girl, it doesn't matter whether they fail or not. The final development of their relationship felt awkward, but this is a romance anime, so that is to be expected.

I want to say that I don't like this show and won't be watching, but I can't muster that much energy. It feels so generic and boring at times, but at other times it feels generic and mildly interesting. I'll continue to watch just to see the time skips at the end of the arcs, but I can already tell that this is going to be a very forgettable anime.

And did I miss what the sister's problem with his girlfriend was? Maybe I heard it and just forgot . . .
Once a person has seen a few of these... yeah, repetition, deja vu, and predictability sets in for many. Once in a while though - there's a gem. Someone who hasn't seen many of these is likely to be more excited and entertained. Then there's the occasional desire for comfort and predictability even amongst the veteran viewer.