View Single Post
Old 2010-07-22, 23:31   Link #969
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I believe there's this kind of pattern in galge anime where latter girls always get the attention more than the lead girl, and though the ending may probably sided the lead girl, but the real winner in that anime (in the eyes of the fans) is not the lead girl, but the other girls.

So following that trend, it should be Ayatsuji Tsukasa that becomes the "sacrifice lamb" for this series, and the direction of attention should then be focused to the other girls instead. But that's not how i see it in Amagami. Can't tell whether the first arc was meant to show Haruka as being the main girl or what, but they sure did a good job in "killing" her. Such poorly made arc ending for one of the best girl in Amagami, i really don't know what i should say anymore.

Imo, a love with a complete stranger (not a childhood friend, not from the same class, not living near, and doesn't have a blood relation) should deliver the best romance plot, and even more if the girl has a unique attitude/property within her (like being a school idol, or kaichou, or even a genius with weird attitude). Aihara and Eriko from Kimikiss is one of the best example for this. Have to say, the twisted development between both of them really gets my attention, so interesting to the point where i felt the relationship between Misuzawa and Kai/Kouichi were no longer significant to me.

Same should apply for Junichi and Haruka too actually, since they both started out as a stranger between each other (well not entirely a stranger since both of them did have a history between them years ago, but only Junichi remembers it), but after a proper introduction between both of them, things just went in weird direction, like back-knee kissing and ramen scenes... i feel abit sad coz Haruka deserves a better plot than this. There are other girls imo in Amagami that deserve to be "killed" with bad development and lame ending (obviously not Kaoru for sure), but it feels sad coz they just had to pick Haruka for this over the other girls.

Hopefully that won't be the case for Kaoru after this. I know i talked alot about her hair and her hair and her hair... but still, i'm clinging and hoping for good story development between Kaoru and Junichi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They're probably saving animation budget for Kaoru and her hair..
Haha. Maybe i should say, her hair worth more than her development with Junichi in the next episode, but then i still want to see a good story between her and Junichi.
And of course the hair in action...sexy hair needs moar attention yo..
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote