View Single Post
Old 2010-07-02, 19:55   Link #172
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The leapfrog stuff was weird from start to finish: that high-schoolers would do it and that a girl would join in. But it was there for two reasons: to give them an oddly intimate contact, and to show her innocent and carefree attitude.

I agree with the idea that she is playing around innocently (in her own conscious mind) with (younger) guys, not thinking at all of anything further. The contrast between the guys liking picture books of women, and her liking picture books of cute dogs is meant to show her innocent attitude, I think.

She seems to be a bit of a flake in her friend's eyes, and maybe we are starting to understand why. There is no reason she should be attracted to our hero, except maybe that he's nice. Maybe someone else (older) wasn't nice to her? That's as far as I can go from one episode.

Sure, there are cliches here, but they are done pretty interestingly, I think. The collision in the library doesn't end with pantsu or shyness, but with her making use of him. The comments about his being nice and about his eyes were pretty original, in this anime context, it seems to me, considering that she is a senpai, way above him. I got the feeling that she is a queen, and can say anything, since she feels immune to the lower orders. Her whole character seemed fairly interesting, to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote