View Single Post
Old 2006-12-14, 12:06   Link #45
DrakeNavarone
Fairy Tale Transparently

Send a message via AIM to DrakeNavarone
I thought it was a good episode. Lots of really funny parts ("IT'S A PLOT TWIST!" just about killed me for a moment). Visuals amazing as usual, especially the pactio scene. And despite the randomness of his appearance, I'm actually hoping to see Yamada again.

I'll admit that the twins' pactio did seem a little rushed, but I think everyone's bashing on it without looking at all the possibilities. Everyone seems to be looking for either a desperate situation or vasts amount of character development before a character earns their pactio, but I think that'd get old fast. I think that sometimes, and this applies very well with the twins' case, that the pactio could and should be the catalyst for development. Consider this: Now that they have their pactio, the twins now have both power and responsibilites, very adult things to possess. Faced with this, the twins will probably learn soon that they may or may not have the stuff it takes to be adults. If that's indeed how Shaft decides to do it, I think the "pactio then development" route would be a refreshing change and it would turn out for the better than the generic "development then pactio" route every other character is taking.