Spoiler for Akari's route:
Spoiler for Noble Works Akari's Route:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for Akari's route:
Spoiler for Noble Works Akari's Route (with minor allusions to other routes):

Quote:
I read Tenshin Ranman a little bit (Aoi's route and half of Hime's), and I must say the major problem with Tenshin Ranman was its unbalanced pace at times, and also the fact the core premise (Haruki's bad luck curse) became quickly a background trivia instead of being a running backbone plot line (whilst Takumi's role is never omitted and lead to overarching issues and plot directions).
I did enjoy Tenshin Ranman though: I certainly appreciated a lot Aoi and her route, and the comedy antics were hilarious, although there wasn't really a "solid group" together, and I should probably resume it someday (at least finishing Hime and Sana...Ruri? Not so much...).
Yes, I agree. Actually, I would say that Aoi's route from Tenshin Ranman was really the main problem in terms of the pacing. They dragged out the middle of the plot for-freakin'-ever to the point where I almost Ctrl'd my way through parts of it. The other routes were a bit more balanced in that regard. But yeah, whatever pacing issues there were in their previous game were largely fixed in this new one.

Quote:
The most notable improvement with NW is probably the cohesion between characters interactions, along with the pace (common route and drama), while keeping their fluffy and comic formula intact.
Yup, agreed. I actually think that this cohesion between the characters and a sense of friendship among the cast is one of the major things that has generally improved in these sorts of stories over the last few years. It helps to create an entire "universe" that you can get enveloped in, and removes a little bit of the artificial nature of the route-based plots. The net effect, at least for me, is that it makes you feel a bit lonely after you finish all the routes in the game, because you enjoy the time spent with the whole group of characters regardless of whatever route you're on.

Quote:
You think they will make a port? They only started with Tenshin Ranman, and I have no idea how the sales went for this port nor for NW so...
Whilst I can see a very happy guy with Makoto being added in the cast (which makes much more sense than that joke route for yasetsuna ), Chiaki route could be interesting... in a very very -very- odd way... (fujoshi stuff? S/M? The possible amount of fetish involving her might be too scary )
Yeah... with a game with these sorts of production values, I think a port is inevitable -- if nothing else, it's a way of making a little bit more money off work largely already completed. If I made a short list of games from 2010 that might get anime adaptations, this one would probably be on my list as well, especially now that two other shows have come out recently featuring character designs from these artists.

And yeah, if they do a port, my bet is Makoto and one new previously-unseen character get routes. If they do something for Chiaki, I can only imagine it as a short branch (I could almost imagine them doing a small such branch without even having any romance -- just a "Chiaki's secrets" sort of route).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I think KoreZon is solo too...That's why I didn't know he had a partner...never really paid much attention to the credits in the games.
KoreZon is a partnership with both artists, and it's just Hidan no Aria where it was Kobuichi alone. But yeah, this team works so well together that you have to know where to look to catch the differences.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-08-04 at 19:32.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote