View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 20:40   Link #1710
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
I am not a native english speaker... so maybe I didnīt use the appropiate word. From the condition. But after a very prolonged time with no movements, the skin and other soft tissues suffer from hardening that prevents the normal blood circulation.. There are been cases where even amputation is needed due to this. Those are called "escaras" in my lenguage, and the translator for that specific word used "bedsores". As a fact thats more dangerous than numbness and rigidity the body might experience. like what Kirito looked like walking like that. ANd those beds that the LN showed went over all this issues and even have a the property to dispose of body wastes. If you think that after 2 years it does become an issue.

Its an anime I know, reality can kick out the door, and I have no problem with it. If the beds didnt existed in the LN I wouldnt have even typed this.
Bedsores is the correct term and yes it can even show up after a day of total inactivety. But they can on the other hand be prevented on coma patients either by manually turning them regularily or with a water bed. The future tech gel bed Kirito got to lie on should deal with that with no problem at all.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote