View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 17:28   Link #106
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Unless you think that what we're watching here constitutes good handling and character development of a tsundere character. Do you? And if so, why?
I've come to the conclusion that I really don't care. Watching Kirino as portrayed in the show is fun and funny for me, and watching Kyousuke try to deal with her unceasing selfishness is enjoyable as well. It's like a sitcom; "no matter what happens, Kirino will just keep being Kirino!" is their shtick. That was exactly what this episode was like (right down to the last shot), and I thought it was funny and enjoyable. I'm sure that they'll make a transition eventually, but I'm in no rush -- I imagine there's probably a second season to come, anyway.

People who don't like the way Kirino is portrayed are going to continue to claim it's an objective flaw in the show's storytelling, and people who enjoy it as is are going to continue to not care what those other people think. This whole on-going debate has been pretty pointless; it's just an opportunity for people to keep expressing over and over again why they think their personal opinions are justified and right. Well, I know: Welcome to the Internet... Not claiming I'm an exception. But at this point I think the arguments are almost writing themselves -- heck, the show itself is fueling the fire. In a sense, we're all being played. I'm going to go back to just enjoying the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
The final scene between Kirino and Kyousuke was just the icing on the cake. Kirino even used the very same lines from the eroge but at the same time, made it more obvious that her feelings for Kyousuke are far different from her actions.
I had realized that the lines were similar, but you're right -- they're actually exactly the same. Clearly Kyousuke chose made the right choice. At least she didn't tell him that he's useless and should just die for not getting mad at her...