Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-28, 21:52   Link #1869
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd love to see that missing page. I think it'd be okay to post the translation under spoiler tag. It's from a very old chapter after all.
I don't know...the moderators here seem to be very strict. At any rate, I'll save this somewhere else too just in case.

I've checked the anime (ep 11), and there were a few changes - lines left out and stuff. Also, this is just my own rough translation (not directly referring to what's already available but possibly remembering some of it).

From Toshio's accusation on p.g.28
: dialogue
: [thoughts]

Spoiler for chapter 12/14 missing page translation:

The very next scene, Seishin meets Sunako again, and tells her that he thinks she's a Shiki. I get the impression that he was hoping that she'd attack him, but she decides against it.

Next time Seishin and Toshio speak is about Ikumi (the crazy pink-haired old woman). After that, Seishin calls Toshio when his father suddenly demands to see Tokujiro (and he learns of the attack on Kyouko)... Basically, a lot of things happen between Setsuko's death and the next time Seishin and Toshio meet.

To me, that scene at the grave is the point where Seishin is confronted with what's bothering him, the darkness in his heart that's existed at least his university days, when he wanted to live his own life. He spends a fair amount of time pondering it, and the roles and duties of other members of the village, over the next few days, and seems to decide that his place is in the village, that he should do what he can to help. But then he walks in to see what Toshio has done and decides that he doesn't want to have a part in it.

And as I mentioned before, a fair amount of time passes before Seishin decides to go to Sunako, and that trigger is actually Seishin discovering the contents of his father's letter.

So, two turning points, if you wish. But I think the more important one was probably Seishin walking in on the end of Toshio's experiments.

---

You know, if Rit-chan had seen that, I think she would have walked out on Toshio too.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-12-29 at 03:26.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote