View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 09:03   Link #150
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
Archer is a Counter Guardian, with a full recollection of the missions that he undertook, and of the amount of people that he killed while acting out his responsibility. I've always been under the idea that each version of Archer, depicted in each route, possessed a different level of experience and strength, due to their past experiences throughout the various timelines, to the point where they might even be the same Archer at different periods. That would definitely explain the implied strength discrepancy between Fate Route Archer and Heaven's Feel Archer.

Archer seems too intelligent (lol Shirou) to underestimate a noble phantasm simply based upon how flashy it is. He was genre savvy enough to smash Zouken's head as soon as he was given the chance, after all.
Truth of the matter is, he did. There is no evidence to say that each EMIYA from each route is different, and their goals are very much the same, it is just the situation that changes.

Emiya Shirou's Reality Marble lets him see the inherent properties of weapons/artifacts at a glance, which is why he could identify all the weapons in GoB and their properties as he saw them, like scanning a bar code(how he always knows about Rule Breaker, for example).

What Shirou did in HF is different, he actually had to take time and scan the weapon's history (like he does in one Ending, Sparks Liner High) to see what it contained and what skills it had associated with it.

It's not that EMIYA couldn't do it, it is just it never came to his mind because Herc's club is like Rider's nails, not really a NP, just a weapon they use. To him, there were numerous other things that would be of better use than clubbing him with his own piece of rock.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote