View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 11:14   Link #1189
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't believe that a political satire movie is sufficient enough to explain what you are trying to say. In fact, I can be blunt and just say you have no real position and am just using what other people say to try and make sense of the world, but then given I haven't spoken with you for that long, that would be going to far.

Ok let me be real clear then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Whenever I see people complaining about the fall of American democracy or the coming of fascism, I have this urge to kick that person to the ground. Countries have lived through worse things and still maintained democracy, and that is because of the will of the people to stand up for what they believe in.
You believe that you live in democracy. You don't. There is nothing you can do to change the US with mild actions. The media will shut you down, just like they have done to the Occupy wall street movement. The country is an oligarchy right now and the result of this election could solidify that foundation even more.

The ultimate goal of the GOP is to privatize everything. They want a laissez faire state, and Americans all over the country are supporting this idea even if it is against their own interest, why, because they can't think critically.

The only way to change the US in my opinion is through some bloody revolution that I certainly don't want to take part of, or through the course of decades of intense protests.