View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 08:21   Link #31762
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
False. Featherine's behavior in EP6 ???? and onward is motivated entirely by her wanting to see the truth of what really happened.
Hm, I guess that is how it's portrayed, at least in that ????.

Quote:
I'm interested in this Will!Touya idea, but for the sake of argument I'd point out that Will is deliberately drawn as distinct from Battler in Clair's eyes in that "Battler was too late; it doesn't matter who it is, though, as long as someone understands her."
Touya isn't Battler, so there's nothing strange about it.

Quote:
Apparently, Battler learning the truth is not sufficient because he did that after Beatrice died (already mirroring Touya's understanding).
I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at. Is it that it's weird that Will was "in time" even though Battler wasn't?

Quote:
Toya's not being pinched in the ass, afterall
Of course he is. It happens all the time at his badminton club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
Has Ryu07 ever alluded or alluded to the Ikuko=Yasu theory before? I wonder if its just a completely unintentional thing that people are coming up, or if Ryu07 believed that people would theorize this when writing Episode 8.

He seemed to have wanted people to talk about Umineko for a long time, so...
I don't know of any time he referred to it in an interview or anything, but that doesn't mean much. He hardly even confirms ShKanon outside the game. I've seen Ikuko=Yasu theories on Japanese sites, though.

But if nothing else, the number-pun between Ikuko and Yasu had to be intentional on Ryukishi's part, so I really doubt that he would be surprised at the existence of Ikuko=Yasu theories. I don't mean to say that the number-pun absolutely means that Ikuko=Yasu, though, since there are a few explanations for it that don't involve them being the same person. Still, unless it's just a lolredherring, some kind of connection is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Also I don't understand how people seem to be so fixed on the YasuIkuko=Evil and RandomIkuko=Grey. How do you get such an idea?
Completely agree. I don't get it either.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote