View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 09:54   Link #97
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
So what? I have said it in the thread, I watch, and we should, the series for their characters, the story it tries to tell and its universe. It mean fuckshit if you go "o noes!!! I cant tell them from each other!! o noes, they have mullets and big eyebrows its ugly and I cant sleep at night because of that.", there is nothing wrong to like one, or the other or the both, as long as you are sold on the three aforementioned elements. I sure remember someone going "I haet Ghost in the Shell SAC! I haet their designs, etc...", his loss, he is missing out a riveting paramilitary political thriller. And what about those who bitch about Takeuchi of Type-Moon? too bad for them, they are left out while the fans enjoy a rich universe.
Well of course the story is the main priority and no one should watch anime based on the characters, but saying that character designs aren't important is like saying you can just replace an anime character with a stick figure or something. Character designs still play a role in perceiving an anime after all besides being entertainment, there are people who do treat anime as art.

If you can't tell apart one character from another then obviously there's something wrong with the designs. I'm not saying you shouldn't watch such series but character designs should still be taken into account.