View Single Post
Old 2006-03-30, 01:14   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Slow your roll a little bit OK ...You wanna watch something like Ergo proxy and you haven't finished watching it yet...We still don't know fully what Ergo Proxy is gonna turn out being...It's only 4 episodes deep so it's hard to totally compare...So far GITSSAC (Ghost in The Shell Stand Alone Complex) seems to be somewhat comparable (Although much more episodic an sporadic then i think Ergo Proxy will ever be)...Female agent solving cases involving cybernetic-cyborg-android types...So from that aspect GITSSAC is the closest...I highly suggest you watch this series because it's one of the best series in all of anime (Visually one of the greatest series ever, hands down)...

As for Witch Hunter Robin, I'm not sure it's what you are looking for...It is great visually (Animated by the same people who do Ergo Proxy), especially the backgrounds, but it doesn't really have that layer of suspense that shows like Ergo proxy and GITS seem to have (It's not even as gloomy or dark to me for some reason as Proxy)...It really is a very slow paced program and I don't think it captures your attention like Proxy does...I mean there's so many episodes where almost nothing happens and plot points are revealed at a methodical and creepish pace...

Unlike alot of people I actually like the final episodes and the revelations we find out about Robin's birth, but just not all the crap you have to sit thru to get to it...This is coming from somebody who was really hyped up prior to watching it...I mean I read every article and saw all the animation profiles and thought it would be one of the greatest series ever and it just didn't come close to meeting that, but if you only care about great animation it does have that...It also has some really good action in spots...Oddly enuff though it doesn't seem to be close to as intriguing as Ergo proxy (So far)...