View Single Post
Old 2012-03-03, 09:55   Link #67
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
The speculation that the new bad guys are beings that can absorb and use any type of spirit power (Hollow, Shinigami, Quincy, fullbring) makes sense. That would explain why the guy Ichigo's fighting didn't consider himself an arrancar, and why he wanted to trap Ichigo's bankai.
That sounds plausible as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
He kinda did when it was first introduced. He had Byakuya explain that the small size of Ichigo's bankai actually compresses all his powers which magnifies their intensity.
I'm aware Byakuya explained why the effects of Ichigo's bankai made it so small. But I was questioning why Ichigo was gifted with a bankai that ran contrary to every other bankai in this series. In other words, while every other bankai in this series sort-of expands and releases a shiniagmi's powers outwards, Ichigo's bankai is sort of implied to be the only one to ever do the exact opposite for the sake augmenting his strength. So is it just a complete coincidence? Or will Kubo come up with a creative reason for it (perhaps going so far as to connect such an explanation to his unique rate of growth as a shinigami). Its a long shot and probably very unlikely to happen. But I think I'd be amused if that were the case.