View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 23:57   Link #94
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm trying to decide if you're purposefully being obtuse or not.

We have Assassin, who is supposed to be undetectable. Let's go with the definition where people can't sense their presence.

We have Emiya, about to take out Lancer's Master, when we have the "gust of wind". I called it a cinematic trick, because this is cinema, so unlike a novel where the author can just write, "Emiya senses Assassin", you need some sort of visual cue.

Emiya stops what he's doing, and points his gun straight at Assassin. Not sweeping around looking for the source of this presence he feels. But, straight at Assassin. So, not only does he feel Assassin's presence, he felt it so strongly he was able to immediately pinpoint Assassin's location. Now, we can chalk up his instantly locating Assassin due to his guess that the crane would be the best vantage point to watch what's going on, but that still doesn't answer how he detected the presence in the first place to cause him to stop his sniping and take a look at the crane.

Hence, my statement concerning Emiya being able to detect Assassin's presence when Assassin is supposed to be able to hide his presence.
To answer your question from the LN, Kiritsugu was already keeping watch of the crane since he realized it was a good vantage point and he thought if someone were to watch the battle it would be from there. Also, he pauses after seeing Kanyeth in order to confirm Maiya can also see Lancer's Master, so they can set-up a crossfire.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote