View Single Post
Old 2010-04-27, 09:15   Link #95
Gooral
Banned

@SagaraSouske
I don't see that having my opinion is fine. I've written my opinion and was ridiculed by Endless Twilight and others who didn't even bother to counter my arguments and at best deflected them (they've just stated their own opinion or wrote "you're wrong". Wow, what argumentation...). If you can counter them then by all means do so. If not, stay silent and don't go off-topic preaching me.

My most important arguments:
Killing innocent people and not changing for worse and Scar changing for better only support my opinion. Also Roy killing Lust with the same eyes as when he wanted to kill Envy and not "losing himself" prove I'm right (as I've written a year ago).

ET's and other's arguments:
Ed (that is a kid and didn't experience what Mustang did), Scar (whose case I've already discussed about) and Riza feared it would change him and we might think that it was Arakawa's words themselves (and by that I mean her personal belief not only character's). But as I said, it would only show Arakawa's inconsistency.

So while my arguments show what actually happened, ET's and others' arguments are full of "what if", "imagine that", etc. Speculations and only that. Basically it comes down to: "Arakawa says so through her characters so it must be right". But the problem with that is that we don't know whether Arakawa would really make a psycho of Roy if he killed Envy (which I seriously doubt). If Mustang did change after killing Envy it would mean Arakawa was being inconsistent and everything we knew about him before was gibberish. Since killing innocent people didn't change him (and he was much younger than he is now) and killing Lust didn't change him then why would killing Envy do that?