Thread: Licensed Hellsing Ultimate OVA
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-02, 20:17   Link #38
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDuaL
Man, I thought the former series started a lot better than this. Everything felt generic and more over-the-top than ever. No time spent building the characters, rush from one action scene to the next (the whole thing felt rushed), over-exaggerate the art style every other frame....

I have to agree that the series felt dumbed-down (whether for western audiences or not). Hopefully things will improve, but I was pretty dissapointed with the 1st ep.

edit: OK, I just got the info about this being the "digest" version - maybe the DVD will end up better...somehow.
I remember reading this thread before I watched it, however having watched it I felt:

1) too much blood, but I was pre-warned

2)I prefer the old Ceres like Mr.Hawq

3) I felt bored watching it THEN to make things worse I felt, man this is like watching american cartoons ..... that is exactly the feeling I had, and forced myself to finish watching it despite my boredom.

I guess it didnt' help much that I watched it after MUSHISHI ep. 10 either.

However IF this is just a Digest version of what is to come, I'll forgive. (grumbles to one self..wtf are they doing to Hellsing that I knew and loved)... for now I'll wait *better be worth it*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
The dancing dolly is from the latest ending theme of Bleach. And the anti-Sasuke logo will make his glorious comeback in my sig as soon as Sasuke-kun does so in the anime.
Any chance of Toni Toni Chopper dancing next to her?

Oh, BLEACH, I watched some of that, but I thought each ep was the same as the last, plus those monsters turned up in my dreams one night and that was the end of that anime for me Why can't it be someone like Yang Wenli from LoGH? That's right he's married now
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote