View Single Post
Old 2013-01-01, 12:29   Link #36
eduard3

@ Rosalena

Without any intentions of disrespect, I can't believe you actually watched 18 episodes of something you gave 0/10(negative actually). When I don't enjoy something, I give it 3 more eps to surprise me then I drop it.

Anyway, I liked this anime pretty much for most of it.

Pros
- Animation was good or at least decent for majority of its categories
- Enjoyed SAO arc a lot
- There weren't too many big jumps in character development
- I like how the theme was explored (VR)
- Good sound tracks

Cons
- Don't like how they removed some thought processes (Such as how Kirito broke the sword during the duel, etc) that shows him maximizing how the world works.
- Some things felt rushed, I was disappointed at some skips as it kinda ruined the flow.
- ALO arc, although written straight (Unlike SAO which the 2 year gap was filled AFTER a skip), it didn't feel as nice as the 1st. Too much "luck" on his side, way too much for my taste. (After the 1st arc, it didn't feel that good)

I'll give it an 8.5/10, although I'm biased towards things I read that get animated so a final score of 7.5/10 probably(you decide if it's justified, remember this rating is based on someone who read the original). I'd still recommend it as a must watch for anyone who likes this genre and I consider it one of the best, if not the best, for the year.
eduard3 is offline   Reply With Quote