View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 12:58   Link #2
immblueversion

Who else here thinks that Jan-Poo's "Witches & Woodlands" is truly a piece of art?

In short, it's a tale where Battler, his cousins, Erika, and (for some reason) Dlanor gather to play a simple D&D-esque RPG. Then Beatrice comes along and makes it a not-so-simple D&D-esque RPG. The rest of the story cannot be described in detail on how mind-blowingly awesome it is.

Not only is the whole thing well-crafted and planned (even considering how the first chapter was intended to be a one-shot, meaning they expanded it brilliantly), but it's funny as hell. I mean, if you replaced the epic of the original story with funny, replaced everything else with epic, and condensed everything into the span of a seven hour read or so, you would probably get a story on the scale of "Witches & Woodlands." It should be expected, considering it was made by the same person who made those classic "USO DA!!" 4-koma images. In fact, they just recently expanded it to give the characters unique sprites that would be fitting for a fantasy adventure of epic proportions (save Dlanor, who gets a mousy "every-girl" look in the "real world"). It must be seen to be believed.

I loved it so much that I've been trying to put together a fandub/voice patch in an effort to not only honor it, but to get it more known. I've yet to see much results as of late, so I've put it on hiatus until I can find time to manage it, and maybe even some assistance in making it. I just hope that it will, one day, see the light of day, and I will work to see that happen.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote