View Single Post
Old 2007-02-10, 22:07   Link #27
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic&Kaos View Post
Well first things first, Anime, It's entertainment, and if you hate entertainment so much why are you on an anime forum?

((Btw, Since when does Anna Nicole Smith have to recite a script? all she has to do is take off her clothing and lay on a bed))
Because the people in anime aren't paid through the nose and aren't these OMGWORSHIPNOW celebrities. And because we care about the characters they voice, rather than who's voicing which character.

This is why I liked the LotR films...the actors were pretty nameless to me, but the movies themselves were all the more amazing for it. And with Da Vinci Code, well, Tom Hanks isn't exactly the devil in my book. He did a great job directing from the earth to the moon (another highly enjoyable series that doesn't need overpaid stars), and plays a good professor Langdon.

And Ian McKellen? Who's Ian McK--ohhhh...GANDALF!!

Sadly, there aren't enough movie stars in America that we associate them with their character, but too many characters in the movies that we associate with their actors.

This is why I like the anime industry, because you associate the VAs with your choice of the character they play (Tanaka Rie?? Oh, you mean Her Holy Pinkness! *I am not worthy*).

[Mass cynicism/causticism/sarcasm]
And Anna Nicole isn't even an actress--OH GOD...stripper! With weight problems and drug overdosing! How filthy! No wonder she's dead...it wasn't a drug overdose...it was bad karma!

Now let's start counting down Paris Hilton's and Britney Spears's days.
[/Mass cynicism/causticism/sarcasm]