View Single Post
Old 2011-08-19, 00:06   Link #98
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Well, this is kind of a letdown. I was hoping to not be the only one willing to discuss Higanbana, since I'm still unclear on what's going on...
I would, but there's a few problems.
First issue is the language barrier. I can read some things like Katakana, Hiragana, etc. But I'm far from fluent. I could always try keeping a japanese dictionary with me, but then...

Second problem is my computer refusing to install this thing that'll let my computer run in Japanese Locale so I can't get passed a scene even if I wanted to.

And finally, I don't have the will to go crazy and spend days/weeks/months trying to get Higanbana to work. I'll make this clear: I've pretty much lost faith in Ryukishi. His art hasn't gotten any better (not a huge problem but I still like nice sprites to look at), the story seems very similar to his other works (notably Umineko with Marie's backstory resembling a certain redhead's backstory) and 2 of my favorite characters (from design only) are/were
Spoiler for the Spirit Camera and Hameln's Castanets:
. Even so, I'm STILL hoping he'll pull through and write something well so it's not like I WON'T check this out outta curiousity. At the very least, I hope he'll end stuff well. Unlike Umineko...

inb4uminekotalkthatdoesn'tbelonginthisthread

To add something positive to this:

The music is nice. I like the opening quite a bit and some of the other tracks as well. What was it called, Putsu Putsu? Creepy feeling. Approval.

Last edited by Mikachiru; 2011-08-19 at 00:09. Reason: Proper names for the Stories I'm talking about
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote