View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 20:29   Link #6403
MechR

I'd have to say I do not want Natsu & co. to come out older. Missing out on 7 years of growth for characters I care about would suck. And being stuck on one island for 7 years would suck for them too.

People ask what the point of a timeskip is if it doesn't age the main characters. The answer is it gives everyone else time to level up, allies and enemies alike. Tartaros and/or Raven Tail should be much stronger now, whereas they would've had a hard time topping Grimoire Heart's threat level in the past. Twilight Ogre wasn't even on the radar 7 years ago. (I'd be surprised if they're any stronger than Phantom Lord though.) Also: If you think the leftover guildmembers look pathetic right now, how much more useless and irrelevant would they look if the powerhouses came back even stronger?

The only question for me is whether Natsu & co. will find a way back to the past. I'm okay either way, but it'd be kind of weird for them to clash with stronger enemies in the future, then go back in time and erase this timeline, knowing that weenie versions of those enemies are running around in the past.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote