View Single Post
Old 2010-09-06, 02:49   Link #283
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
But while all captains have high power, they're hardly on the same level. There are definitely captains more powerful than others, and I think that power difference goes up exponentially with age/experience. I always thought Toshiro was vastly generalizing by saying "A captain," especially if he's using himself as the average example. Shunsui said that "maybe in a 100 (or was it 1000?) years, Toshiro MIGHT be able to surpass him." Which means that now, Shunsui is vastly MORE powerful than Toshiro, who's already pretty powerful.
Actually with how SLOW normal shinigami take to increase in strength, 100 years sounds about par for the course. I mean, that's how long it seems to take a VC to rise to the status of a captain... like i said it takes DECADES for regular shinigami to step up a level

But at the end of the day, the measuring stick is Ichigo who was just below Byakuya who has been often championed as one of the stronger captains (Toshiro has come off as one of the weaker ones). The relationship between Shunsui and Toshiro is irrelevant, as only ichigo and byakuya matters.... unless you want to also claim that Shunsui is also VASTLY more powerful than Byakuya... and then there's ukitake who is often played as being on par with Shunsui and he go one shotted by a sneak attack

Not to mention that Love and Rose were Captains 100 years ago and as such should be in the upper teir of fighters by now... and that's without considering their masks

And this also doesn't change the points I've been making about Toshiro being able to survive as long as he did against Halibel who should have CRUSHED him in a few seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
In my belief Kyoraku's zanpaktou just isn't fair as it can kill any hollow
And that's still besides the point...