View Single Post
Old 2004-10-14, 07:50   Link #12
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
What I'm wondering is why Poirot & Marple is so high. Did it get a lot of hype or something or is it just on a very good network at a very good time and is interesting enough? Hmm.
Well, generally a 6% rating wouldn't even be on the list, but they're on because a few high-rating shows weren't aired last week, notably Doraemon... And I guess Naruto would fall into this category as well.

Quote:
That's not the point though. Anyway, I did hear that the original MSG was like Star Trek because it got popular through reruns...
Yeah, that's definitely true, as you can see from Panon's numbers (I supposed the national trend would be similar to it. Though the Kanto-area ratings would be a less because I'm guessing that back then it had more TV stations than the Nagoya-region? No idea)

Quote:
My first reaction when I saw the list given was "duh", but then I realised, isn't Gundam supposed to be a generally otaku series, even though it's achieved cult-like status? And surely such a high number cannot be achieved purely by otakus (but then, what do I know)...
You'd be surprised by the power and influence of otakus in Japan...