View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 15:31   Link #81
night_sentinel

@ Triple R

I don't know which I don't like more plot induced stupidity which meant that `the storytelling has gaping holes or character induced stupidity which meant that character are just naturally stupid... or blind to other things

Can I just take a third option? Her mindset or personality of a minimalist meant that she just tells enough for Madoka to dissuade her or she doesn't want pity or something...

Though, after episode 6 I'm really beginning to think that Homura has a hidden agenda....

@ Kaijo and Vanish

I think that Homura has a hidden motive attached to whatever she is doing but, I find it unlikely that it is to make Madoka an MG. If its just to make Madoka MG, Homura could have easily accomplished everything by not doing anything after episode 1. But, it is very possible that Homura is playing a psychological game with Madoka or at least in theory.

Regarding the recent revelation and why Homura did not say it... I think there is many possible reason ... Vanish just gave one about Homura's not very communicative and minimalist personality might be against it.

Personally, I find the reason for not telling about it is Homura might hold the same view as Kyuubey about the soul gems. Really, if the drama of the episode did not happen like Sayaka dying and they were told the same piece of information I suspect that their reaction might vary...

Perhaps, I watched too many animes but is it really a bad thing for the person's soul to change places or something? Does the location of the soul matters? If Homura told this piece of information before this episode the only thing that she'll be able to do is sow some distrust for Kyubey for not mentioning it...

Given Sayaka's animosity toward her, would telling this actually dissuade Sayaka? As for Madoka, without the trauma that the soul being put outside the body nearly killed her best friend, I suspect that she might take this in a stride... and just worry about the fragile soul jar.

The only implication of the soul gem is that the MG cannot renegade on their contract. No matter what hunting witches has become a lifetime commitment. And what is Homura saying for the past couple of episodes? That once you become a Puella Magi you can't turn back... it is better to give up on them and the price of the wish is too high, etc.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2011-02-11 at 15:47.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote