View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 15:22   Link #124
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
he cant make hand seals, but as you saw in that fight he can do anything involving his mouth or summoning. his mouth techniques are basically summoning or replacements anyway. im not sure if the tattoos on his arms helped with that barrier summoning as well or if he just needed to place his blood on the ground and form a seal that way, but after watching that fight it is still clear that his arms are useless when it comes to hand seals
Not that I'm arguing against this, but where was this stated (it does indeed seem to be true, I don't remember him doing any hand seals since his injury)? I don't seem to remember. If this is true, then wow, he has proven to be pretty damn resourceful. It was suggested early on that Oro knew quite alot of jutsu. I remember Sarutoi, before releasing the death god technique mentioning to Oro he was about to perform a jutsu "even you" never heard of, and even Itachi stated "all your jutsu are useless before these eyes."

I think it is a real shame we haven't really seen Oro's full potential in a serious fight, even against Sarutobi he was mostly poking fun at him, making him fight the former hokages until the end. If/when he dies in this manga I hope Kishimoto gives him an epic death such as the way Jiraiya went out. Oro is certainly not a hero, but considering how much of a great villain he is(and for how long he's been around), I think his character deserves a special exit, befitting of someone whos been so influential and iconic in the story.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote