View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 23:12   Link #11
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
1. Next to her hand (on the left side) There's a little spot of black.. shouldn't that one be blue? (btw there's also one in back of her neck and one in the top left corner... and a black one in the bottom of the image for the middle character, it's suppose to be a shadow for her neck but's way too black..)

5. The Blank Rectangle Spot on the left (as well as the characters, as mentioned above) makes the sig bg look a lil' empty.. how about adding another bg layer behind your current one.. ? it seems way too simple (because there are only pics there)
.. somehow, I did have a layer behind them .. it just kinda turned off visibility

Quote:
2. The text.. mm.. it's a little to invisible on the left, can't distinguish Black that well.. on the right the "N" and "L" are a little too close to the edge.. (the "N" actually seems to be missing the right part, because of this)... the text seems to have little white spots all over.. witch I presume are gun shots but they definitely don't look like gunshots as they are there..
Also I see you tried making the Black a slightly different color then Lagoon.. (well even if you didn't and it's just blending it's a nice effect ^^) but at that size its a little too unnoticeable for the average viewer (IMO)

3. The lines that separate the 3 images are a lil messy (I'm specifically referring to the way they seem to meet in the corners.. the ones for the right character don't seem to want to completely meet.. ) also the line separating the black empty space is a lil too intense)

6. The characters on the "LAGOON" type could use some highlighting.. maybe an other glow or anything to make them stand out more.. they're very confusing at first look
Yes .. Alll 4 layers is actually on lower Opac. I cant move "Black" to anywhere unfortornately, so it have to stay.. but I've increased the Opac for its layer... And yea, its gunshot effect >.< Black Lagoon is actually the same pic crop .. it just that they on different contrasting BG that produced the effect.

I've resived the 3 main image BG there now .. dou?

Quote:
4. The middle and right characters aren't highlighted enough.. needs a little work on the shadows and highlights on them IMO.. the edges could use some softening, maybe :/
Sorry, but it stays the current way >.<

Quote:
7. The right side seems ok.. the left part of the extreme top and bottom margins as well as the left margin don't.. the basic problem is that your name (which is nicely done btw ^^) her hand holding the cigarette, her shoulder, and her hair are major focus points and the margins kill focus (oh and don't go for anything like a 1px black border that would probably be worse)
Honestly, I dont get what you trying to say here ... but in the original signature .. there is a hard light blended white border .. Maybe that was the reason .. change to normal blending white border this time

Quote:
8. The sig could be a little wider.. looks a lil too square.. and some clipping (like for the hand of the character on the right) are a little inappropriate.. -_^
But 375 x 120 is directly proportioned to 500 x 160 *pouts his mouth*

Quote:
9. The A in your nick is a lil' eaten away at the end makes it look like a P ^___^
Now that you say it .. .. size reduced

Quote:
10. If you look closely on the right of the hand of the right character there's a white glow where her hand meets the border..
See point 7 ^^

Quote:
11. The red in the cigarette could use some enhancement.. there's also the possibility of adding smoke
Quote:
Well don't take my comments too seriously.. the sig is top notch..
Thanks.. but your critism is very much appreciated ^^

==============
2nd Incarnation of the sig. .. Added animated smokes and makes changes based on BC comments.. Hows the smoke look?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote