View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 17:44   Link #185
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The language stuff didn't bother me. They gave us real English and a line of Engrish that was comparatively well spoken. And they gave us a little mix of English and Japanese when he spoke with the other tenant, to give an impression of the language differences without interrupting the flow of communication.

In fact, although he spoke Japanese, he held up two fingers and had a questioning look on his face, so that could have been what communicated to the tenant. And maybe they tried the seiyuu with a line of English but his Engrish was so bad that they decided to go another way.

If we can accept a naked guy with a gun and cellphone, surely we can accept a little bit of illogicality in the language, especially in the good cause of the flow of the show. This is hardly a totally realistic show. But I guess we each have our limits, lol. Actually, I was more tripped up by Saki's knowing that Akira would have a room number to ask about.

As for the missiles, that is a potentially bigger illogicality, but it's early days yet. There may be other possibilities that haven't occurred to us yet.

I actually have some trouble with how nonchalant both lead characters are about their huge problems: being naked with a gun and no memories, and having to leave your luggage behind. A little bit of angst would make more sense to me. But I'll just take their nonchalance as giving savor to their personalities, for now.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote