View Single Post
Old 2012-02-15, 08:26   Link #2183
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Has anyone tried messing around with the Creation Kit? I just got it off Steam the other day, and was trying to experiment with toughening up Alduin and some of the latter dragons (ancient and elders in particular). For Alduin himself, I gave him 80 damage resistance (not really sure if it's a percentile, or a flat damage reduction), plus 50 fire/frost/lightning/poison resists, increased his melee damage (crUnarmedDamage 05 gives a +175 bump to damage, but I made it +300 instead) and added a few Shouts (Dragon Disarm, Dragon Unrelenting, and a modified Dragon Stormcall). Then I bumped his HP to 13500, and increased his Stamina and Magicka accordingly. To test things out, I spawned him in Riften, since the town for some reason has a LOT of guards.

The end result? While the fight certainly lasted longer, throw enough arrows at Alduin, and he eventually has to land, where he's eventually done in by scratch damage by 15+ town guards (yeah, Riften is weird).

So, I wondered what else could be done. Then I noticed that Shadowmere had a specific enchant to him (Fortify Heal Rate 4 and Fortify Heal Rate Combat 4), so I figured I'd try it out. The end result pretty much made ANY dragon invulnerable in combat, as because of Fortify Heal Rate Combat 4, they outheal any damage dealt to them. Even my level 81 Dovahkin with 100 One-Handed and associated perks, plus a 300+ damage sword, could barely scratch the darned things.

After that experiment, I tried adjusting the Combat Heal Rate values, and found that even at level 1, it made dragon encounters hilariously difficult. My guess is that it heals a specific percent PER HIT based on the max HP of the dragon in question. In Alduin's case, since the end HP he ended up with in my little test was around 13500, even setting the Heal Rate at .15 (yes, not a whole number anymore) STILL had Alduin out-healing my damage.

For Elders, giving them a .50 Combat Heal Rate pretty much means that, barring Dragonrend, you'll NEVER do enough damage to get a dragon to land.