View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 16:11   Link #7
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
The way to hell is paved with good intentions.

A genius like him should have known better, but he didn't care as long he could play god.
What did he expect would happen after he kidnapped people and forced them to play this death game? The outcome was obvious.

Then he has to accept the reality that people don't like to be kidnapped and forced to participate in a death game.

That Kabaya willingly played with human lifes is just not justifiable, never.
Or is it ok if I kidnap a couple of poeple and force them to fight for their lifes just because I'm a egomanic megalomaniac guy with a god compex that wants to create his new world? Heck no, it is not ok and it is not justifiable.

If people willingly want to play a game in where they can die, let them, but not like it happened in SAO.

And the morality discussion is important because it shows how much of sick *****... this mass murderer was.

Many of the biggest criminals in history have tried to create their own worlds with in their minds "good intentions" but on the way to this world they have direct or indirect killed millions of people.
Again, nobody is saying it's okay or justifiable or right or in any way not evil. Just trying to explore the situation from Kayaba's perspective here.

He's a genius, he knew exactly what he was doing and how people would take that. He just chose to go through with it anyway.

Sugou was a villain who took an active, malicious desire in hurting and manipulating others for his own personal pleasure and power. Comparatively, Kayaba only cared about his goal, the impact on the lives of the players was an unfortunate consequence of seeing his dream fulfilled. That these people would suffer was inevitable, but his goal was not to create suffering.

Side by side, while both men committed evil deeds, Sugou comes off as a far more despicable person, even though Kayaba's indifference took a greater toll on human life. (By my calculations, 347 microhitlers. )
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote