View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 10:49   Link #60
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
FF12 had the advantage that the start of the game looks so good, making reviewers happy. But the experience lessens once you play more.

The issue with 12 is that it was clearly unfinished. It was rough on the edges and the game has bits that don't work gameplay wise. It's what happens to a game that was stuck in development hell and had its leader replaced midway.

To be relevant to the thread, I consider FFX as the last Final Fantasy that was truly full-featured. That had everything they wanted in the game. After that, SE just seem to not able to deliver the full experience since.
Actually, I think that FF12 had one of the most refined gameplay mechanics of the entire series. Also, I have to agree that the start of the game isn't particularly amazing in comparison to the rest of the game. I did definitely not experience a drop in quality.

@creb:

FFX's voice acting was not particularly good, like you mentioned, but not particularly bad either. Nontheless, XII was superior in that regard. However, the sound quality of the spoken dialogue was just not up to par. It really felt like the characters were walking radios or as if they were speaking to another character from beyond a closed door or something.