View Single Post
Old 2013-04-12, 08:45   Link #1445
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
And thus we're back with Mogamett's ideal/Z***ism. But I think he's far more ruthless than ****el.
Yeah, but the thing is that we are now going into the Hitler vs Morga territory. I don't think he is quite there yet.

On the flip side, though the level of "acceptable" suffering some very right-wing I******s (that I interacted with) to "the other" would probably appall and shock most people. I mean, we all heard of the torture ---> national security argument, which I don't doubt happen to "the other" in some circumstances (and in other more "enlightened" nations when national security is concerned). If you protest, they would tell you "better safe than sorry". What is portrayed here is basically a "fantasy" extension of that idea...except torture----> nuclear weapons ---> national security.

I think we are back here because that is basically what Morga is written to be...except a more magical version that involves afterlives and all that. Can't call a kettle something else other than a kettle.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote